Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hebrews 9:18-22

Hebrews 9:18-22
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

  So I'll admit that I stopped giving blood some time ago.  I used to go fairly regularly, but then they wouldn't let me after I was in England for too long, and then they wouldn't let me because I was in Honduras, and after that it was just easy for me to not give.  I fell out of the routine, and I wasn't too excited to return to giving.  Why?  Because there is a giant needle in my arm and it hurts, mostly.
  Extracting blood bears a cost.  It's never easy and rarely painless.  In old sacrificial system, it demonstrated the high price to be paid for sin.  Sin is not a thing easily forgotten.  As Christ made the last necessary sacrifice, the blood of Christ, poured out for sin, demonstrates the high price Christ was willing to pay so that we could be reconciled to him.  Christ's blood was not too high a price -- God wanted you back so badly that God would pay any price to redeem us.
  Think about that as you go forth today -- God loves you immensely, and no price was too high to redeem you.

No comments: