Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Psalm 139:13-24

Psalm 139:13-24 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  An assembly line can be a wonderful thing -- it churns out great quantities of a similar product, each matching the one before, each featureless to the individuals working on the line.  On an assembly line, the focus is on doing your own part of the process with excellence, but the details of the overall product can be lost.
  You were not made on an assembly line.  You are not part of a faceless crowd.   God knit you together, and you are fearfully and wonderfully made.  God's works are good, and you are one of God's works.  Guess what that makes you -- that's right.  You are good.  You have been intricately woven together, and you are good. 
  As creations of the living God, we praise God.  I wish that I could cry out like the Psalmist in verses 23 and 24.  I wish that my heart and my thoughts were without blame, but they are not.  I am imperfect and flawed, broken in many ways.  But I, just as you, have been handcrafted by the living God, and I will not give up, because God does not give up on God's beloved creations.  Cling to the truth that you are made by God, and join with God in passionately pursuing the things that matter to God -- selfless love, reconciliation, peace and mercy.  Resist and fight against the forces that divide us, and find your brothers and sisters, no matter how different they are, and affirm them as the handcrafted creations they are.  Remind them of the intent of their Creator, and work out how Christ is at work in our midst.

No comments: