Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday Morning 9/29/2010

Holy God,

  From the beginning of time you have spoken in different ways.  Your voice has boomed across the watery chaos and arisen from a fiery bush.  You have spoken from the whirlwind and through prophets.  You have given us the Word, in Jesus Christ, and left the Word in Holy Scripture.  From age to age you speak words of delight and rebuke to your people, calling us to live in faithfulness to you.

  You speak, Lord, and yet I seem unable, unwilling to listen.  My stubborn ears block out the sound of your voice, and my restless heart leans toward so many other voices.  My life belongs you to, yet I keep trying to put a 'for rent' sign on it, that the world may know I am easily bought. 

  Speak, Lord, to this sinful heart, that I might turn once more to hear your voice calling me into the future you have set for me.  Speak, Lord, that tears of joy might flow from a grateful heart, knowing that your mercy continue to form me into a new being each and every day.

I love you, Lord.

Amen

No comments: