Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week 26

   If my math is correct, we're nearing the end of week 26.  Which means, in the grand scheme of things, that we don't have a whole lot of weeks left.  Which means, of course, that our office shouldn't look quite so much like an office and perhaps should begin to resemble a nursery.

  It doesn't.

  So we've got some work to do.  If you walked into this room today, two things would happen.  1)  I would be very surprised.  2)  You would have no idea that there is a baby on the way.

  This despite the fact that our baby has a fully formed face and can blink its eyes!  The immune system is strengthening and it's incredible to think that in another three months we will welcome the little guy into the world.  Hopefully by then he'll have a place to sleep!  (Of course, we could give him ours, since we apparently won't be using it)

  Things are moving along, and we're slowly beginning to grasp that life will never be the same again, and we're thrilled about it.  We continue to pray daily for our son, in the hopes that he'll grow strong and healthy, physically and spiritually.  I've spent more time at Babies R Us than any 29 year old man should, and I truly believe that there only need to be three different kinds of car seats in this world:  Cheap, Medium, and Expensive.  (Although expensive doesn't mean $700.  No one needs a $700 car seat.)  It would greatly simplify matters.

  Rachel asked me if I had thought about what kind of diapers we wanted to use.  Such things have not previously crossed my mind.  I have a feeling that soon, I'll know more about diapers than I do about football.  That makes me sad.

No comments: