Thursday, August 14, 2014

Psalm 71:1-11

Psalm 71:1-11
Amplified Bible (AMP)

  I expend a lot of words.  I write a bit, I talk a bit, I text a bit.  Throughout every day, I'm using words.  Some of them are mundane conversations, some of them are exciting and fast-moving, some of them are yelped in pain as I pick up an acorn squash that's been sitting in the oven for 45 minutes.
  The question I am left with in this Psalm is this:  How many are directed towards God?  How many are in praise of God?  Is my mouth filled with his praise all day?  Or am I too caught up in other things to remember to whisper (or shout) words of praise to God?  Am I praying while I am working?  Am I trying to redirect my vision towards God while in the midst of so many other things?
  Or do I forget to praise him for most of the day?

May our mouths be filled with praise songs and constant prayers to God

No comments: