Monday, October 20, 2014

Psalm 90:1-8

Psalm 90:1-8
English Standard Version (ESV) 

  I freely admit that I often want God to take care of things on my schedule.  I want something solved yesterday.  I'd like for God to act tomorrow.
  But God's timeline is so much longer than mine, and the perspective is so much broader.  God is concerned about gathering people to himself, and that all happens on both sides of death--it's not the permanent barrier that I see it as.  God is concerned about preparing me for life with himself--and that doesn't all need to be taken care of today and tomorrow.  God is prepared about building up Godly character within his disciples, and that takes decades, and often happens through the use of pain and suffering, neither of which I like.
  But God knows how to prepare and polish us, and if we trust ourselves to him, we will not be dismayed, for God will neither forsake nor abandon us.  God's timeline may be different, but we can trust God's goal for each and every one of us.

May God do a mighty work in and through you today

No comments: