Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4/27/2011

Good morning, God.

  Another day seems like another miracle from your generous hands.  Gifts fall forth like marbles from your hand, rolling across the land as eyes open to another beautiful sunrise, careening into our lives as gifts for which I am so grateful.  What a marvelous gift today is--may I live in wonder of it all day long.

  Lord, storms race across the country, and I pray for those who are in their path.  I pray for those whose life have already been torn asunder by them, and for those who mourn the losses from their terror.  I pray for those who have no place to go when the sirens sound, who huddle in doorways and search for whatever shelter the merciless city has to offer.  Forgive us, Lord, for creating a society where such things can be true, and imagine with us how we can ensure that such things do not continue to be so.

  I ask for your wisdom today, Lord.  Guide my thoughts and my heart to focus on you, that all I do may be for your glory.  May I not focus on the semi-precious gifts the world offers me in return for my heart, but may I focus my gaze on you and pursue you with passionate abandon.

  I love you, Lord.

  Amen

No comments: