Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Studfinder

  Apparently, this week the baby is the size of a small studfinder.  I suddenly feel guilty for hurling these things against the wall whenever they don't work.  (Which is most of the time.  These things are right about as often as the Bengals are with their draft picks.  I own three of them [studfinders, not draft picks], and I don't trust any of them.  Rachel avoids me whenever I am using them.  Small animals flee for the hills, and parents cover their kids' ears when I pick one up.)

  The baby is growing toenails this week--I don't suppose those are of much use in the womb, but then again, I don't know what use they are outside of it, either.  (Has anyone ever had a moment where they said, "I'm so glad I have toenails."?  I can't think of one.)

  The circulatory system is working as well.  About 25 quarts of blood are being circulated each day.  That sounds like a lot.  (Is that a lot?)

  I'll try and post some pictures of Rachel--we've taken a few over the past 8 weeks, so you can tell for yourself if she looks pregnant.

  All is well, though.  She's not nearly as tired as she has been in recent weeks, but the accounting system at TVA is also installed fully now, and I suspect those two things may be related somehow.  But I'm not a doctor.  Thoughts of nurseries run through our minds, although we're not entirely sure what route to take.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.

  Only 23 more weeks...

No comments: