Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Orthodoxy

  Hooray for free Kindle books!

  G.K. Chesterton's Orthodoxy sounded like a book that serious people read, and so, in the interest of keeping up appearances, I embarked on this journey.

  The last time I was so confused, I was reading Paul Tillich, and I barely made it 1/4 of the way into that book.

  I don't have much to say about this book, since I didn't understand most of it, but it's worth considering one wonderful point that Chesterton makes:

  It is possible that God says every morning, "Do it again" to the sun; and every evening, "Do it again" to the moon.  It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike; it may be that God makes every daisy separately, but has never got tired of making them.  It may be that He has the eternal appetite of infancy; for we have sinned and grown old, and our Father is younger than we.


  May you have the same sense of wonder as your traverse the world today!

No comments: