Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Psalm 41:1-7

Psalm 41:1-7
New Living Translation (NLT)

  1 Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor! The Lord rescues them when they are in trouble. 2 The Lord protects them and keeps them alive. He gives them prosperity in the land and rescues them from their enemies. 3 The Lord nurses them when they are sick and restores them to health.
  4 “O Lord,” I prayed, “have mercy on me. Heal me, for I have sinned against you.”
  5 But my enemies say nothing but evil about me. “How soon will he die and be forgotten?” they ask. 6 They visit me as if they were my friends, but all the while they gather gossip, and when they leave, they spread it everywhere. 7 All who hate me whisper about me, imagining the worst.

*********************

  It's hard for us to admit that we're wrong and to confess that we need forgiveness.  I don't like it.  Sometimes, I'd much rather hope that the other person just forgets about what I've done and we'll all move on pretending this never happened in the first place.  How's that for a strategy?
  It's pretty easy to do this with God, too.  Since we can't see God and can ignore him, we can just pretend that our sins don't matter.  After all, we can live a pretty happy life like this, right?
  But to dive into the abundant life, now and eternally, that God desires for us, we have to repair our relationship with God.  If our access to the truest part of life is blocked by sin, we'll never have the fullest experience possible.  However, if we repent of sin, we know that God is eager to forgive.  It takes great humility, but God promises that our rewards will be much greater than our cost, for Christ has borne the true cost of our sin.

May you find grace in repentance today

No comments: