Monday, July 14, 2014

Psalm 61

Psalm 61 
American Standard Version (ASV) 

  Most of the time, my strength is sufficient.  If I'm sick, my body usually is able to fend off whatever is troubling me.  If I'm in a jam, I can often figure my way out of it.  I can sort things out myself.
  But sometimes, we run up against problems bigger than ourselves.  Then, and often only then, do we realize that we require someone stronger than ourselves.  Sometimes, we look to kings or other rulers, but they are only human.  If we're wise, we look to God, and we ask him to 'lead us to the rock that is higher than I'.  We ask God to take us up into his arms, where we are truly safe.  We ask God to lead us to a refuge in him, where we understand true security.  Only God can provide this, and that is why it is wise to take our true refuge in him alone.

May you feel God's strength surround you

No comments: