Thursday, September 4, 2014

Psalm 78:1-8

Psalm 78:1-8
Common English Bible (CEB)

  How do children learn things?
  They learn  by watching.  Caleb & Danielle watch how Rachel and I interact.  They watch what we say and what we do.  It's scary, sometimes, because I'm imperfect, but it certainly guide me toward more upright action.  The other day, I dropped something very hot and burned myself, and I was very, very aware that Caleb was watching my reaction.  Kids pick up on and imitate us.
  So when we praise God and teach the next generation about God and his marvelous grace, our kids are watching, and what we teach them, what we show them, will influence their relationship to God.
  What is your life teaching the next generation?  An attitude of dependence or an air of indifference?

May we lead lives worthy of imitation and filled with humility

No comments: