Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Psalm 82

Psalm 82 
English Standard Version (ESV) 

  Darkness.
  I sometimes wander into the kitchen late at night, and I rarely turn on the lights.  Instead, I count on my memory of the living room to navigate my way.  What I don't count on, however, is the presence of toys left behind randomly on the floor.  My foot almost always finds one, no matter how slowly I walk or how confidant I am.
  We do this in other areas of life.  Sometimes it is on accident, or in moments of pride or when we forget that we are fallible.
  Some people spend their entire lives this way, refusing to believe they are in darkness, convincing themselves (and perhaps others) that they can see just fine, thank you very much.
  God alone is the source of our light.  Without him, we remain in darkness, stubbornly holding on to the lie that we are not in the darkness.  God can and will and wants to save us, to illumine us to the true state of our condition and the depths of his grace and willingness to forgive.
  We just have to open our hearts and lives to the reality of our condition, and let God draw us into the light.

May you be in awe of God's desire to forgive

No comments: