Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Psalm 84

Psalm 84 
English Standard Version (ESV)

  There are a lot of things that excite me.  For example, baseball season begins again in 5 short months.  I love a good dessert.  A nice run on a beautiful fall day is hard to beat.
  I have to confess, though, that I often don't get excited about God's presence in my life.  I get so wrapped up in myself that I forget to pay attention to God's nearness and his love for me.  I don't think I pay attention to my soul's deepest longing for God.  I'm too busy with so many other things, I forget to pay tribute to my creator and thank him for saving grace and eternal mercy and love.
  When I stop to think about it, I realize how foolish I am.  The problem is that I often don't stop to think about it.  I just keep plowing forward.
  I don't know the answer to this one.  It's a tough dilemma, trying to make time to slow down in a fast-paced world.  But it's worth the struggle, to let the soul's deepest longing lead us into a place of deep communion with the Almighty God.

May you find God's peace today

No comments: