Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Psalm 113

Psalm 113
Common English Bible (CEB)

  Last Tuesday I had knee surgery (again), and I've been hobbling around for the better part of the last week, not making it anywhere too quickly or gracefully.  In my head, I imagine people around me having pity on me, thinking of me in a certain light.
  I imagine you've done this, too.  You've had something happen to you, or something is true about you, and you picture the people around you forming a certain image of you.  You start to believe that everyone must think a certain way.  You carry the imagined image around, whether it is true or not.
  One of the incredible truths about God is that he isn't judging us in the same harsh light we judge ourselves.  God elevates, reaching down to us in our situation, rich or poor, and offers abundant grace to live us from the mire in which we dwell.  God lifts us up and sheds his light and grace upon us, giving us occasional glimpses of the beauty God has in store.

May we beam with joy when we recognize God's amazing love

No comments: