Thursday, January 8, 2015

Some of my favorite things

Also, as I work on my spreadsheet of the books I've read over the years, I thought I'd point out a few favorites:

2014 The Boys in the Boat, by Daniel James Brown
  Simply an amazing story.  I cried at the end of it.

2013:  Guns, Germs & Steel, by Jared Diamond
  Very interesting & thought-provoking

2012:  The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
  Just a fun, magical ride

2011:  The Little World of Don Camillo, by Giovanni Guareschi
  One of the best stories I've ever read.  The movie is fun, too.

2010:  The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas
  I apologize for judging people based on their opinion of this book.  Easily my favorite, and one of the few books I've read more than once.  Don't watch the movie adaptations.

2009:  The Grand Inquisitor's Manual, by Jonathon Kirsch
  Another interesting, thought-provoking work that gives a more complete view of the inquisition.

No comments: