Tuesday, May 3, 2016

1 Peter 3:19-22

1 Peter 3:19-22
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

 When I think of the president of the US, I don't really think of someone who is deeply concerned with me.  Maybe if I was rich or powerful or had a large sphere of influence, then the president might concern himself with me, but as I'm not, I am meaningful to the powerful only as a part of various sub-groups that might deliver votes.  I'm useful at times as part of a larger collective, but there isn't much personal interest in me.
  All of this makes Christ's love for each of us all the more astounding.  All angels, authorities and powers are under his control as he sits at the right side of God, and yet in the midst of this power, Christ is able to love each and every one of us individually, intimately, dearly.  Christ knows each of us, and he cares for us, and he pursues us as individuals, seeking a unique relationship with us.  That is how Christ loves us -- from a place of power, yet intimately.  May the amazing grace that is lavished on each of us be astounding and amazing.

No comments: