Wednesday, May 11, 2016

1 Peter 5:12-14

1 Peter 5:12-14
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

 It's amazing the difference a short note can make.  I've received a number of notes over the years that have come at just the right time to encourage or support.  They cheer me up and renew my desire to serve.  They remind me that I am not alone.  They are gifts.
  Who do you know that might need some encouragement?  Is there someone you can reach out to remind them of how kind God is?  It doesn't have to be an elaborate plan -- just a short note can change the way they see the day, reminding them of God's goodness, when often others are surrounded by messages that pull the sight down, to the troubles around us, nipping at our heels, rather than directing our vision to the hills, from whence our help comes.  God is near -- may we be messengers delivering that great news to one another.

No comments: