Wednesday, March 6, 2024

James 1:5-8

James 1:5-8 
  When I think of all the things I could ask God for, I'll confess that wisdom probably doesn't rise to the top of the list, which probably means that I need wisdom more than anything else!  I think of all the worldly treasures I could get... but they'd all fade away, right?  Watching the news will tell me that all the worldly treasure can't keep me healthy or away from relationship loss or other monetary loss.  Many celebrities and other rich and famous people don't seem very happy, despite having more money than they know what to do with.  So wisdom would be good, even if my heart dances more merrily at the thought of other things God might grant me.
  Of course, to come to God and ask for wisdom when you doubt that God can grant such wisdom is folly.  Who else might you be asking for wisdom?  Is God one of many?  If we believe that God created the earth and is stronger than death... why are we wasting time asking anyone else for wisdom?
  And if we don't believe that, then why ask God in the first place?
  To truly believe that God is bigger than the universe and capable of anything and chooses to love us -- should not such a thought drive us to our knees in prayer and praise every day?

No comments: