Wednesday, March 20, 2024

James 2:18-26

James 2:18-26 

  If I tell you that I have a billion dollars, but I live in an old van and eat one meal a day, what would you think about me?  What would you think the impact of that billion dollars is on my life?
  If you learned that I loved baseball, but I never watched or listened or attended a single baseball game, would you believe me?  Or would you perhaps doubt that my love for baseball was authentic?  Maybe you'd suspect that I simply told people that to impress them.
  James is telling us that our faith should change our actions.  If our faith doesn't have any impact on our actions, what kind of faith is that?  How deeply rooted is it?  Are we keeping faith for convenience at that point?  Or truly allowing the Holy Spirit to transform us?  
  May we pray for faith to change us, to root us deeply in the work of God, and to send us into the world.

No comments: