Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday Morning

God,
Know that I love you. You are the God of creation and covenant, you are the God who liberates and redeems. You are so much bigger than what I can dream and so much deeper than I can dive. Know that I love you. Even when I am turning from you, turning inward so that I might console myself, know that I love you.
I sin out of weakness, out of selfishness, out of forgetfulness. I start to believe that I am self-sufficient, self-enabling, self-capable, and I strike out boldly on my own. Forgive me, and remind me, that I am your child and depend upon you as a faithful parent. I cannot do this on my own, and if it comes to that, surely I will perish. You are my sustaining God.
I love you more than my words can say. I love you more than my actions admit. I love you, O God, like I cannot love anything else, and I pray to your holy name that I might live your will.
Amen.

No comments: