Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Zombies

I'm sure I'm not the first to have this thought, but as I was thinking about Halloween and the fascination with zombies, the thought occurred to me--isn't that what Christians are?

When we were baptized, we died to ourselves, that we might live for Christ, right?  So, technically, aren't we the walking, talking, living dead?  Well, dead to ourselves, alive in Christ. 

Just as zombies have an insatiable desire for bbbbrrrrraaaaaiiinnnsss, aren't Christians supposed to have an abundant passion to see God's justice rolling down?

While zombies stroll the streets and strike fear into the hearts of anyone who sees them, shouldn't Christians inspire the world to hope, and to love?  (Sometimes it seems like Christians are more interested in devouring one another than actually demonstrating Christ's love to the outside world.)

I suppose if there really were zombies the world would be a very different place.  I also suppose that if the church followed the footsteps of Christ and pursued justice and love with every fiber of our beings than the world would also be a very different place.

No comments: