Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday Morning

Holy, gracious, most high God,

  You are my King.  From the moment you spoke the world into being, you have not stopped creating by your awesome and righteous Word.  You shaped mountains out of dust and gave the seas their place, then filled them with fish of every color and size.  Trees sprouted at your command, and they give shade to birds that only your imagination could conjure.  Each corner of this globe became reality because of you.

  And now, these same corners are covered in sin because we have exercised our free will and turned from you.  I, too, am a sinful man, a selfish being who does not live in constant adoration of you.  At some point, the wonders of this world stopped bringing me to a place of awe, for I was too wrapped up in my own thoughts to offer myself to you.  Forgive me, Lord, for the shameless way that I have lived, believing that I am more important than you.  For such selfish choices, I repent.

  I repent with boldness, knowing that you are a God of grace.  You have made the choice to pour out forgiveness and grace before I even realized the depths of my sin--and your Spirit quickens my heart to recognize that you have a plan for my life.  You are making a way in the wilderness of my sin, a light in the repressive darkness, and directing my eyes and my feet.  Grant me the wisdom to submit before your Spirit, that the life I lead may be one that glorifies you and you alone.  As John says, may I decrease while you increase.

  May this day be an offering to you, one that brings pleasure to you, my God and King.

Amen

No comments: