Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Psalm 78:21-31

Psalm 78:21-31
English Standard Version (ESV)

  I wish I understood God.  I'll freely admit that so many things happen in the Old Testament that I don't understand.  Things are still happening today that I don't fully understand.  I wish I did, and if I did I would explain them so that everyone would understand God's goodness and grace...
  But we don't see things clearly.  We have to decide, based on what we can know, if we trust God.  When I read the entirety of the Bible, not just little pieces here and there, I see a picture of a God filled with love who desperately wants people to come to him.  There are snippets here and there where God disciplines his people, sometimes harshly, and I don't fully understand those.  In fairness, though, if you only judged me based on when I discipline my son, I might not look so great, either.
  I trust the full picture that I have of God, and his love and grace.  In light of that, I believe that the things I don't understand are not enough to turn me from God's love.

May you be overwhelmed by awe today

No comments: