Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Psalm 119:1-8

Psalm 119:1-8
English Standard Version (ESV)

  What if I told you that steak was the greatest thing in the world, as well as the healthiest, but you discovered I was a vegetarian?  What if I told you that exercise would help you thrive, but that I never left the comforts of my couch?  What if I told you that reading would make you more intelligent and more interesting, but that I never cracked a book?
  You'd wonder about my integrity, and you'd wonder if I, too, was missing out on the benefits.
  Here we have the same situation.  The one who is blessed is the one who walks in the way of the Lord, the one who keeps his testimonies, the one who seeks him with all their heart.  There are so many active verbs in the beginning of this Psalm--we can only expect to live a faithful life if we move from thought and contemplation into action, serving God with hands and feet, praising him with words and deeds.

May our lives be filled with acts of glory and praise, big and small

No comments: