Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Hebrews 6:4-8

Hebrews 6:4-8
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

  It's an ongoing question for all of us -- what about those who don't believe?  The Bible seems to address this in many places, including here, where the preacher in Hebrews tells us that those who have believed and then turned back are doomed.  If someone has come to know the love of God and believe in all that God offers, to turn back on that is to insult God, as though the providence of God is not enough.
  I don't have the answers for big questions.  I've certainly wrestled with them a lot, and at the end of the day I trust that the God who comes as Judge will be the same God who comes as Savior, and that Savior was merciful and gracious, and I expect him to continue to exhibit mercy and love.  God rules from on high in love and seeks peace, and so I trust that what God does will be right, and that some day I might glimpse an understanding of how God rules, including how God deals with those who know the fullness of his love and reject it still.

No comments: