Monday, January 18, 2016

Hebrews 12:1-6

Hebrews 12:1-6
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

  I once was set to run a 3 mile race, and before it, I was encouraging a friend.  We were reminding each other that we could endure anything for 25 minutes, so whatever fatigue and exhaustion came along, we would push through it until the finish line.
  Well, once the race started, that plan fell apart pretty quickly.  About five minutes in, I was exhausted and wasn't sure I'd make it through the next two minutes, let alone two more miles.  I thought setting my mind properly at the beginning would help me endure whatever was to come.
  Along the way, we need encouragement second by second.  We may not be fully prepared for what is to come, so we need to lean on God at all times, certain that our own strength is not enough.  We take each day, each hour, each moment as it comes, facing it with humility and conviction, confidant that we will not be overwhelmed.  God will carry us through, day by day, moment by moment, and we shall triumphantly endure to the end.

No comments: