Tuesday, May 24, 2016

2 Peter 1:10-15

2 Peter 1:10-15
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

 Sometimes, when we really aren't interested in doing something, we put a half-effort into it.  We do enough to make it look like we're trying, but our efforts inevitably erode what the result might have been, and others can usually tell we didn't really try.  It's like when I draw a picture -- I don't like drawing, and so when people look at the drawings I attempt, they can tell that I didn't put much work into it, because my half-hearted efforts are evident of my disinterest.
  In our lives of faith, in our pursuit of a relationship with God, what kind of effort do you put in?  Do we strive to demonstrate how our faith changes us?  Do we seek Christ with all of our hearts, or do we do so with a half-hearted effort, so busy with other things that the results of our seeking are sabotaged by our hearts' dalliances with other gods.
  May we do all we can to demonstrate the love of God that seeks us, that strives to rescue, that endeavors to love in all times.  May our lives be constant evidence of the transforming power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: