Wednesday, October 26, 2016

John 18:28-38

John 18:28-38
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

  Jesus came to bring life, and the people demanded death.  When their own laws didn't allow him to be put to death, they went to their occupiers and asked them to put their Savior to death.
  Jesus came as the truth, and Pilate was wondering what the truth was.  He was asking the wrong question -- "Who is truth?" is what he could have asked, and the truth was standing before him.
  The light of the world was standing before him, but he could not see it.  The people refused to see it, so threatened were they by his changing of the religious order.  He was calling the people to God, but they weren't ready to hear his voice.  They stopped their ears and yelled for his death.
  Their sin is our sin, as hard as that is to admit.  I have sinned and denied Christ.  I have ignored him and preferred my own comfort.  I have built walls of my own kingdom and kept him out.
  So I fall on my face before God, and he offers grace and forgiveness to all who ask.  There is life on the other side of death, there is hope on the other side of despair, and there is a way forward through the cross of Christ.  Rejoice!

No comments: