Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Acts 12:1-5

Acts 12:1-5
English Standard Version (ESV)

  Sometimes people wonder what will happen to the church in the future.  I have no anxiety about the future of the church.  I'll admit that I sometimes wonder what the place of the church in society will be, but I have total confidence that the church will still be alive and active, because I've read the end of the story.  The church is the body of Christ, and Christ is coming to defeat sin and death at the end, riding a white horse and wearing a robe dipped in blood with a sword coming out of his mouth.  He's the victor, and nothing will stop him or thwart his purpose.  He shall be victorious, and he'll bring his church with him into the eternal victory.
  So fear not for the future of the church.  Rather, let your life be a celebration of Christ's triumphant victory, and may we spend our lives inviting others into the joy of Christ as triumphant victor!

No comments: