Monday, August 21, 2017

Acts 26:1-11

Acts 26:1-11
English Standard Version (ESV)

  Who likes to admit that they're wrong?  I certainly don't, and when I discover that I am wrong, I'd much rather just ignore it and hope nobody remembers what I said or did.  That's much easier on my pride.
  But here is Paul before the King, openly admitting that he was wrong in persecuting the followers of Jesus.  He had grown up deeply entrenched in Judaism, and he assumed that these new followers were deviating from the Truth.  But he found out on the road to Damascus that he was wrong, and he didn't hide the fact, didn't hope that everyone else would forget who he had been -- he owned it, because only through admitting his brokenness could he explain how he had come to new life in Christ.
  In the same way, when we pretend before God that we have it all together, we miss out on the chance to God to heal our deepest hurts.  We are all broken, each of us uniquely struggling, and God wants to heal us completely, redeem us from our sin.  But it's up to us to let go and admit that the sin is there, that it has power over us, and to let God heal it.

No comments: