Friday, October 27, 2017

Hebrews 6:17-20

Hebrews 6:17-20
English Standard Version (ESV) 

  I read with great sadness of the passing of my friend, Dewey French.  One of the kindest people I've had the blessing of meeting, he stopped by the church office at least 3 times a week, sometimes just for a cup of coffee.  Seeing Dewey was often the highlight of the day. 
  In the midst of the storms of life, the idea of an anchor is so appealing.  When the rains pound and death knocks at the door, the anchor holds fast, a certain hope that has the resurrection of Jesus Christ to secure it.  There is no power in life, no power in death, that can take us from him, and so while I mourn, I give thanks for the hope we share in Christ -- we have a way through the curtain, beyond the veil, because of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  As sorrowful as death is, there is a greater hope that holds to me now, and I give thanks for that eternal peace that is promised.

No comments: