Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Matthew 7:15-20

Matthew 7:15-20 
English Standard Version (ESV) 

  Trees are made of wood.  That's about as far as my abilities go in distinguishing what kind of tree a certain tree may be.  I usually can't tell.  If it's fall, I can usually tell the maple trees apart, and I know what a dogwood looks like in bloom, but that's it.  With fruit trees, I need more help -- like pieces of fruit hanging from the branches.  Without this major hint, I am not going to guess correctly.  If there's an orange hanging from the branch, I can likely guess what kind of tree it is.
  People are similar.  From looking at a person, it's unlikely that I'll know what kind of person they are.  Sometimes, I can take a pretty good guess, but there's no guarantee I'll be right.  But when I can watch them and observe how they treat people, I can guess if they have high character or no character.  I can guess how they view others.  Their actions reveal what kind of person they are. 
  So what do your actions say about you?

No comments: