Thursday, February 18, 2021

Mark 14:12-16

Mark 14:12-16 
The Message 

Traitor to the Son of Man 
  12 On the first of the Days of Unleavened Bread, the day they prepare the Passover sacrifice, his disciples asked him, “Where do you want us to go and make preparations so you can eat the Passover meal?” 
  13-15 He directed two of his disciples, “Go into the city. A man carrying a water jug will meet you. Follow him. Ask the owner of whichever house he enters, ‘The Teacher wants to know, Where is my guest room where I can eat the Passover meal with my disciples?’ He will show you a spacious second-story room, swept and ready. Prepare for us there.” 
 16 The disciples left, came to the city, found everything just as he had told them, and prepared the Passover meal.

****************

  I'm not always a great directions follower.  I often think I know better and complete step 1, then do whatever I think is best for the rest of the steps, sometimes blindly stumbling into the right answer, often ending up far from the desired destination.  I use my freedom to do what I want, ignoring the directions that have been given to me by the one who designed humanity and not only knows what is best for us but also wants what is best for us.
  If we follow God's commandments and put God first, love each other selflessly, we discover, often enough, that we find things to be just as Christ told us they would be.  Not always, because there is still brokenness in the world, but Jesus knows what he is doing when he issues commands and offers guidance.  When we follow the directions, we find ourselves far closer to the joy and peace that is offered to us by God.  
  My struggle is finding the humility to admit that I don't always know the next best step and to trust and accept being led by God.  How do you struggle?
  And how do you make room to hear the promises of God, that you are beloved and treasured in spite of whatever struggles you may have?

No comments: