Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Titus 1:1-4

Titus 1:1-4 

  What in your life can you really count on?  I will admit I take my car for granted -- it's not the newest car, but it starts every time I turn the key.  I simply expect it to, but there will come a day, unfortunately, when it stops doing that.  I realized yesterday that one of the locks doesn't always work -- I'd always just assumed it would work whenever I pushed the button, and now it has me wondering what's reliable and what isn't.
  There's so much in life that we count on that we never think about.  Maybe it's having food in the refrigerator, or a job.  Have you ever stopped and think about how much we take the internet for granted?  We don't usually, until it goes out -- and then suddenly you can't work the thermostat or lock the house.  What's truly reliable?
  Isn't it great that we can look to God, who never lies, who made promises before the ages began and will keep those promises?  The intricate ways in which the promises of God are realized throughout Scripture, which we see fully in the fulfillment of the OT prophecies in Jesus Christ, are amazing reminders of the reliability of God.  Whenever we start to wonder about what in life can be counted on, or we start to see other things fail around us, may we remember that God is always faithful, always reliable, always true.

No comments: