Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Matthew 18:1-6

Matthew 18:1-6 

  When I hear my children talk about how they spend their days, and then I think about how I spent my day, I often think that being like a child sounds like a great idea.  Sometimes, I'll ask Charlotte what she plans to do with a day.  "Play," is usually the response, sometimes with detailed plans, sometimes with little more than just 'play'.  Sounds lovely, doesn't it?
  In Jesus' time, children weren't regarded very highly, so to be told to be childlike would've been scorned by the elite.  No one who wanted to be serious would be like a child.
  But to be like a child is to trust, completely and whole heartedly.  To be a child is to marvel and wonder at the world.  To be a child is to immerse yourself in something.  To be a child is many wonderful things.  There are some not-so-wonderful things as well, but to be a child is to receive gifts with joy and to fully depend on a parent to provide for your needs.  
  To be a child is to know you need help, and to look to the one who can provide.

No comments: