Monday, November 29, 2021

Galatians 1:11-17

Galatians 1:11-17 

  I have made lots of mistakes in my life.  Not my favorite pastime, but the reality of poor choices spread over four decades.  I try to be honest and upfront about this, that I am no less broken than anyone else.
  That said, I try not to highlight these, but Paul was very upfront about it, because the church was being established and Paul wanted to be as honest as possible about what God was doing -- because then the church is being based not on what Paul was saying and doing, but rather what God was doing.  God was working miracles through broken people, demonstrating the power of God and the incredible openness of the Gospel.  
  Paul had a checkered background, persecuting the church at one point, but God was at work, and so Paul wasn't beyond redemption, just as anyone hearing this letter wasn't beyond redemption, just as you and I are not beyond redemption.  God is still at work, still building the church, still making disciples.
  So may we give thanks for the grace that invites even us into the church, and may we not look down upon anyone in society, but rather think about how God's grace is reaching out to all.

No comments: