Monday, March 21, 2022

Psalm 119:65-72

Psalm 119:65-72 
English Standard Version 

  Sometimes, you have to get in trouble to learn your lesson.  As a parent, it's hard to fully know when to let a child learn the hard way and when to step in.  I know some of the most effective lessons from my life have been the ones I've learned the hard way.  I wouldn't have chosen that upfront, but looking back, I understand the benefit.  
  Here, the Psalmist says that it's good that he was afflicted, because in being afflicted, he learned God's statutes.  We can learn from the valleys in life, whether we walk in them by our own choice or end up there due to things beyond our control.  We have to trust that God is there, that God is working, and we're not alone.  By enduring, we learn that God's Word is better than thousands of gold and silver pieces!  Such riches are beyond what we can imagine.

No comments: