Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Mark 1:35-39

Mark 1:35-39 
English Standard Version 

  Jesus was perfect in every way.  He was fully human and fully God.  How did he start his day?  He spent time on his own in prayer.
  It baffles me that I think I can get through a day without prayer.  I do it often... I get so wrapped up in whatever it is that I'm doing.  I get busy, and I tell myself that I'll get around to it, and I don't.  Time and time again it happens, and it's probably the reason that I so often feel unmoored, drifting in the surf, battered by so many waves.  So often, it feels like everyone is looking for us, demanding something of us, asking for more... but Jesus leaves it behind, anchoring himself in prayer before action.  It's his first priority.  
  May we make it ours, that before we preach or teach or serve or do anything, we pray first, and then go.

No comments: