Monday, February 26, 2024

Psalm 18:25-30

Psalm 18:25-30 

  Verse 29 has been one that's always stuck with me.  There are so many things that I feel like I cannot do in life -- I run up against impossible obstacles, against immovable forces, and I feel defeated.  Of course, the reason I feel defeated is that I'm focused on the battle I'm waging, one that's probably very small and not very important in the grand scheme of things.
  When I focus on the things of God, however, opting to trust God and God's way, which are perfect, then I am immovable -- certainly not by my own strength, but due to the power of the Holy Spirit.  Death cannot have me, for I belong, body and soul, to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.  If death itself will fall at my feet, then what other refuge do I need?

No comments: