Friday, October 9, 2026

Luke 20:34–40

Luke 20:34-40

  What will marriage look like in heaven?  Will I see the friends I have loved along the way?  Will we recognize one another?  Will I be able to enjoy the beauty of a sunset?  Will every car have a 6-speed transmission, or will some have automatics?  Will it be possible to eat too much ice cream?  Will the Reds still be mediocre then?
  All vital questions to answer.  Many of these, we don't have answers to -- we will only find out when we pass through the veil.  The character and words of God set clues for us, though.  We know that God has compassionate love for us, and that God made us to be in relationship with one another.  It seems likely that the God who forms us for community will not have an aspect of community, of relationship, with one another.  What does that look like exactly?  Hopefully I won't find out for another 60+ years.  
Will relationships in heaven be less loving than the ones here on earth?  I doubt it.  It seems like they would be more.  Again... I don't know exactly how it will work, but I trust in the God who has been crafting and guiding relationships for millennia to continue to do so for eternity to come.  
  What's vital here is that Jesus speaks of the dead as though they are alive.  God does not allow death to have the final word over God's beloved, which includes you.
  So trust in God, and lean into the Savior who came and conquered death so that you might live.

No comments: