Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF

Great God,
Green surrounds me as trees and plants spring to life. Flowers have begun to bud and bloom while the air is vibrant with new life. So much is blossoming in the world around me.
Yet I am oblivious to so much of it. I seem to be unaware of your grace as it bounds across the landscape, painting glories I could scarcely imagine without your inspiration. I see the new leaves, but I do not ascribe this to your hand. I merely carry on with my own business, convinced of its importance.
You are the Rock of Ages, the Redeemer and Sustainer of all creation. You are the author of all of life, and as I enjoy your bounty, restore a sense of child-like wonder and grace within me, so that I might joyfully claim my identity that I find only in you.
I love you.
Amen.

No comments: