Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday

Holy One, Holy Three,
I stand in awe of your mystery. I cannot comprehend the Trinity, or the way you became man and walked among us. I do not understand how such creativity could mold the cosmos from nothing or place the birds in the air. How did you set the planets in motion, and how do you make miracles happen in my life?
I do not know these answers, but I know your love, for it is written in the skies, in the embrace of a loved one, in a meal on the table, and woven throughout my life, a scarlet thread that reminds me how my sins are white as snow. You are a God of wisdom and strength, compassion and power, grace and mercy. I am your humble, sinful servant, who cannot let go of my own dreams to follow yours. Forgive my weakness, touch my heart, and move me to a place where I hear your words and speak praises to your son, Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior.
Amen.

No comments: