Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday Morning



Holy Lord,
The heavens tell of your glory, but I seem to be unable to hear their cries.
The rocks and the trees shout your name, but I am tuned to a different channel.
The lilies of the field are dressed for your glory, but I am not watching.

My attention is turned elsewhere, inward, as I fret about myself and my future. Thoughts of your kingdom are far from my mind. Forgive me, O Lord, for my selfishness and pride. Forgive me and teach me to be aware.

Help me to see, Lord, your hand in my life. Help me to understand that you have called me to a life glorifying you. Stretch my vision, so that it includes the eternal, rather than simply this life. May my goals be joining in your kingdom, rather than entrenching my own. May all that I do be an offering to you.

Amen

No comments: