Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1/25/11

Good morning, God.

Thanks for another day.  I don't know if I used the one yesterday to proclaim your glory, but I hope and I pray that you were glorified through my words and deeds.  I tried, Lord.

  What do you have in store for this day, Lord?  I wonder what it must have been like for those disciples the day after Pentecost--did they expect such a thing to happen every day, tongues of fire to give them the fire and passion?  Or was the experience that happened on Pentecost enough to fuel them for the rest of their lives?  How might I recognize the presence and calling of your Spirit?  How might I mold my life to fit your kingdom?  How might I recognize that all I truly need in this life is you?

  Please, Lord, sustain me by your grace, that I might learn, that I might know, how to live here on earth as a member of your Kingdom.  I long to be a faithful disciple, a child of God, a servant for you.

Amen

No comments: