Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Psalm 103:15-22

Psalm 103:15-22
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

  Every once in a while the brevity of life hits me suddenly, and my mind tries to wrap itself around the expanse of eternity in comparison with my short time on this earth.  I fail to grasp the depths of time, and I am left wondering just what I mean in my trip around the sun.
  In comparison to my short life, God's love endures forever.  There is no beginning and no end to the eternal love of God.  It simply is, and we are welcomed into that love, surrounded and embraced by it.  You are loved, I am loved, we are loved, and though we are on earth for the blink of an eye, we are forever embraced by God's grace and glory.
  In response, what else is there to do but to bless the Lord with all our souls?

May we give thanks today

No comments: