Monday, November 3, 2014

Psalm 94:8-15

Psalm 94:8-15
English Standard Version (ESV)

  I never think of myself as blessed when I am disciplined.  I don't welcome correction.  It's hard to receive such news.  I'd much rather just be told how wonderful I am.
  But when we receive correction, it is a blessing, because it helps us recognize our mistakes and it should lead us back to the proper path.  This is what Paul means when he writes, in Romans 2:4, that God's kindness should lead us to repentance.  It is the kindest thing God can do to help us see the error of our ways, for only then can we truly turn from sin and turn back to God and receive the wondrous joy of his grace shining fully on our face.  If we are running from him, we miss out, and God wants us to have the fullness of abundant life, now and forevermore.

May we have the humility and wisdom to seek correction and welcome discipline, that we might alter our course and participate more fully in the Kingdom of God

No comments: