Wednesday, June 8, 2016

2 Peter 3:1-4

2 Peter 3:1-4
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

 It's hard to be patient and wait on God.  I was sitting in bed this morning thinking about all the things I had to do today, and every once in a while my mind would drift around to the urgency of keeping my heart and mind, every thought, captive to the Word of God, and then I'd drift off again into the urgency of the pressing items that seem so important.  Sometimes, it feels as if my own mind is making fun of me, taunting me with the challenges I have in keeping God at the forefront.
  And yet, as Peter tells us, we must never forget what we have been taught, what we have been commanded.  We are to love Christ above all else, to do some honest thinking about our own priorities and recognize where and how we are led astray.  God loves us enough to lay down his life, to offer his Son so that we may be redeemed.  May that thought and that love draw us deeper into ongoing communion with our Creator.

No comments: