Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Psalm 95:1-5

Psalm 95:1-5 
  I sing far, far better in a chorus.  The larger the group of people, the louder I will sing, because I know my voice will be drowned out by lots of other voices.  I'm not afraid to sing in a chorus -- it emboldens me to sing louder, and I feel like I sound better, because I hear everyone else's voices, which are all better than mine.  
  When the Psalmist talks about singing, it's for us to sing.  It's not a singular act, but one in which we all lift our voices.  In doing, we remind one another to sing, and we also encourage one another to sing louder, for we're not singing alone.  Here, we have the entirety of creation singing, from the depths of the earth to the heights of the mountains.  We join a heavenly chorus as we sing to God Almighty!

No comments: