Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Psalm 96:1-6

Psalm 96:1-6 

  LeBron James and I can both play basketball.  One of us, however, has excelled and demonstrated excellence throughout a sustained career -- if he and I were to play basketball against each other, the outcome would not be in doubt for very long.  If I play on my own, I can pretend that I'm very good, but in direct comparison, I fall somewhat short.
  The Psalmist here notes that God made the heavens.  There are plenty of false gods that people have created, but how many of them have created the heavens?  On their own, maybe we can pretend our false gods are sufficient, but when we compare them to what God has actually done, our false gods fall far short.  Only God has truly created the heavens and the earth, and because of this, God is robed in majesty and splendor!

No comments: